17.3.08

st. patricks day cheer without the beer..



so today is st. patricks day, and if we are right on our self predicted date of conception, today is the end of the first trimester! yay! maybe that will mean no more throwing up and being super sleepy alll the time?? i hope so...

so up until this point:
on january 28th i decided to take an at home pregnancy test (from the dollar store), and it gave me a positive result.. uhh rob, you might wanna come take a look at this... so we were very skeptical (dollar store test..) so that afternoon we went to planned parenthood where another test confirmed that we were indeed having a baby.
rob: excited
christin: scared
so we were in shock all afternoon and decided to make all the family calls. some went better than others, but in general there was mostly happiness. or at least it would turn into happiness eventually after the shock of it all.

so from january until now i've been getting quite sick at work since smells are overwhelming and i've also been extremely tired, i didn't really think being pregnant would feel this awful! also, i definitely miss
coffee and beer and wine but its a worthwhile sacrifice. even though i was waiting for roll up the rim to return since i was a twice daily customer, but oh well.
i have had a few cravings that have had us running to stores or restaurants but nothing too weird.

march 10th was our first doctors appointment. we are going to a group here in edmonton called
mom care which is a group of 6 OBgyn female doctors. you meet with all of them throughout the pregnancy and during delivery day whichever doctor is oncall that day will deliver.
my weight was 55.9kg or 123lbs. and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat!! that was really
exciting, as it made it feel real. like there actually IS a baby in there and i dont just have some parasite or flu making me feel sick. the baby's heartbeat was 166 beats per minute. sounded like a little hummingbird!
my belly is definitely starting to show now, will post some pictures soon. updates on wednesday with the news from our first ultrasound.... ahh! hope we find out if its a boy or a girl. oh and
rob: very excited
christin: very excited

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Glad to hear you're both very excited! I think blogging this adventure of yours is a good idea and I like the random pictures you add in as well. The 'mom care' seems cool too, I'm sure you both will be more comfortable during labour having a doctor there whom you already know.

In one of your future posts, you should tell us what some of your cravings have been, I'm kind of curious :)

Take care, hope you will feel better soon!

Brigitte said...

What a fantastic idea Sweetheart! Now we can feel like we're apart of this instead of being so far away ... can't wait to see the ultra sound picture and to find out if we're having a great niece or great nephew ... we love you all so very much! Auntie Brigitte and Uncle Curtis

Babe :) said...

Hey Babe
I'm gald you sent me this web page so I can be kept up to date on how things are going. That's so cool that you get to meet so many doctors. And I hope you feel better very soon I know when I saw you, you still were not feeling so good. but I miss you lots and love you tones xoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Such surprising and exciting news! Congratulations to both of you!

Anonymous said...

I only see one arm! I'm assuming you saw the second! Pretty cool, wish we had ultrasound pictures when I was carrying you! XO
btw....really good picture of you and Rob!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christin and Rob
I love the wall. I feel closer to you guys when I hear all the details. I miss you so much! Please post pictures soon! Is the date still late September? I can't wait to read all about it!!!!
Love you guys
Vanessa